Dining Room Flooring
Flooring for dining rooms comes in many different styles, depending on your preference. Enhance the look of your room with a beautiful floor of the highest quality at an extremely affordable price. Browse our selection of dining room flooring designs or read on for more information.Read more
Get instant Personalised Pricing for your room
- Enter your unique room measurements.
- We'll give you an instant price for the flooring you need in your home.
Flooring you can Trust
great company brilliant products really good service very happy with the product... 22 hours ago
Thanks for the samples. Really good service and helped me make my choice 1 week ago
Very good selection of laminate and the samples I requested arrived within 3 day... 1 week ago
Thanks for the samples of vinyl, received quickly. 1 week ago
Best price I found online and superb communication when I contacted them to see ... 2 weeks ago
Delivered promptly, very well wrapped 2 weeks ago
5 star rating is only based on ordering experience and price. Delivery still to ... 2 weeks ago
Received free Samples within a couple of days and I’m definitely going to... 3 weeks ago
Excellent service easy to order delighted with product quality would recommend 3 weeks ago
What flooring is best for dining rooms?
Dining rooms are used for socialising and family meal times, but it’s unlikely you will spend the majority of your day in there. As these rooms tend not to get as much foot traffic, you don’t have to focus mainly on the practicality and durability of the flooring. The best flooring for dining rooms will enhance your space while looking beautiful too. Our range of cheap dining room flooring has something for every budget and style.
- Laminate – There are plenty of laminate options that will fit seamlessly into your dining room. Laminate is easy to clean so any spilled food or drink can be wiped up without fuss. It also won’t become scuffed easily from moving your chairs or tables and comes in hundreds of designs to suit your home.
- Engineered wood – If you want the look of real wood without the price tag or upkeep, engineered wood flooring is a fantastic option for the dining room. It looks like solid wood but is much more hardwearing and resistant to marks, making it perfect for these rooms.
- Solid wood – While solid wood may not be suitable for all rooms, it can work extremely well in dining rooms which encounter less foot traffic throughout the day. Solid wood floors make ideal dining room flooring options as they provide unrivalled grandeur, are durable and come in many different shades depending on your décor.
- Vinyl – In homes that have small children or pets, vinyl might be the best option. Excess mess or spills won’t damage this type of floor, making it a perfect flooring for meal times. If you would like the look of dining room floor tiles but still want the room to feel warm, vinyl can give this effect. It’s also available in wood effect and marble designs.
How to lay dining room flooring
The way you lay your flooring will depend entirely on the type of floor you choose for your dining room. A dining room is no different from other standard rooms and is unlikely to be subject to excess moisture. For this reason, you won’t need a specialist waterproof underlay or flooring.
Visit our advice centre for more information on how to install each type of flooring.
Dining room flooring ideas
If your dining room is adjoined onto another room like a kitchen or living room, you’ll most likely want to keep the space looking unified. If this is the case, it’s a good idea to have a flooring solution that suits both or all rooms as then you can lay the entire floor at the same time and have them run seamlessly into each other.
However, if you want to really set your dining space apart from the rest of the home or section it off in a kitchen diner, a contrasting colour can do the trick. This is a great option if you have an open plan living space but want to create boundaries and the feel of set spaces for different purposes.
There are multiple dining room floor ideas for making your room look well-proportioned. Light coloured flooring can make your room look bigger and brighter. So, if you have a space that doesn’t get much light or feels cramped, a grey, white or light wood floor can open the space. Alternatively, if you have a very large dining room, you can make the most of the space with a dark wood, black or slate coloured floor. This will add depth and give the room a sophisticated look. It can also be easier to maintain as it won’t show marks as easily.
Whatever dining room flooring trends you want to embrace, you’re bound to find the solution at Factory Direct Flooring. Get in touch for advice on 0330 100 00 15.